Monday, February 14, 2011

Broken Atlas




I have lost my way; my compass has darkened as self doubt begins to encompass me about, until once more I am thrust through a fine needle point with its inevitable direction to the deepest of south. Lachrymose thoughts seem to linger as a whole only halved by vicious reality…That the burden of impending greatness was a burden within itself and has all but decimated me. Rocks, ash, dust, air, I envy them for their fate is defined, My heart, my soul, my thoughts, my words, were supposed to be the greatest of the divines, to crumble into nothingness, into the man that time as forgot and left behind. Two legs I stood upon with the world at my beck and call; one leg gave out as I began to circum to the mercy of it all…. The rants, the raves, the roars of the crowds awaiting the next time I spoke, only to be petrified…not them but me; for I could not live up to that hope. Now with the world on my shoulders one knee I stand upon I beg for no more…Only for father chronos to laugh as time erodes away; my grasp not far enough; I sink lower…earth on my back face to the floor, faced to adore the marvel of the simplicity of my neighboring dust, live for nothing, be of nothing, I wish this upon me….The dust rises and personifies… And fills laugher within the air... the rocks tremble the ash rises for they all know...with my greatness... I can never. .ever... Be there…

No comments:

Post a Comment