Thursday, March 10, 2011

For Poppa




I remember the day when I took my first inhalation of this life… The phantom of your silhouette was the first thing my eyes never saw

I remember the first time I rode a bike, that same phantom was with me nurturing and protective, guiding me down cobblestone pavements and broke dream sidewalks

I remember my first adolescent fight… the first image to greet me when I came home victorious was your specter. Your silence was deafening but I understood clearly.

I remember my first heartache… Your words of wisdom and encouragement rang loudly like a sweet symphonic melody… just as Ludwig’s melody rang in his when we wrote his ninth.

Of all the things I remember about you the one that permeates my mind the most is the Idea of you... and how true I wish it was…

No comments:

Post a Comment