Sunday, January 2, 2011

If Only For this Night


We come from two different times, places and ideas of what the natives call earth…however tonight, none of this matters. Now, maybe not forever but at this singular moment we are both on that level…our level…we are both on higher ground. If only for this very night our love can become more than just a relevant belief but an actual manifestation…then let it be so.

Tonight we do not merely dance to the drumming beat made by others…Oh no we have our own elegant cadence. We endlessly waltz in the aura of the unification of ourselves… cheek to cheek…heart to heart…soul to soul… As we bathe in the ambiance of the moonlights grander, we ascend to that plain where no outside forces have no influence over our action…and reactions to each other. Consequence and implication are simply words with no weight. Time itself is non existent as we exist soul-ly for us.

As the sun begins to escape from the grasp of the horizon, we know without words, what is about to come to pasture… As we plead with father time for moments more we know it’s to no avail…time waits for no man. As we return to our worlds we fight to stay in this reality we have made for ourselves…Father Time laughs because he knows that’s just a dream. As the final bell tolls and normalcy rears it unsightly head…we are returned to what he HAVE known rather than what we ache TO know. It is said it is better to love and lost than not have loved at all… I stand here before all a sworn witness to this lie. I have loved and I have lost… the agony I must bare is immense and at times intolerable … Even if only for this one night…of all the things I wished for… I wished I did not, touch you, breathe, you, feel you, think you, caress you, thirst for you, taste you, love you, and want to be with you eternally… I wish I did not know you….at all.

2 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking... "I wish I did not know you….at all." Sometimes the pleasure of bliss isn't worth the suffering that comes later.

    ReplyDelete