Friday, January 21, 2011

Missed Connections





 One Year later…

I saw you again and my heart flinched but…it wasn’t the same. That sparkle was gone, that feeling lost. For that split second I closed my eyes and imagined not you but an image of you I had created long ago…We locked eyes; you smiled, waved and gracefully sashayed as the summer clouds dance with the pale moonlight. Maybe in another lifetime we may become what I had imagined…maybe not.  What hurts me is not what reality had in store for us, but how the potential of an endless possibility …was never possible.  I still wonder at times..many times, what could have been…these thoughts brought on to a moral man would surely drive him to the brink of insanity but alas mortality as passed me long ago. Eventually we will fade from each others memories like childhood dreams but still while ingrained in me for a while longer I will think not of you in this world but… of us and the possibilities…


One Year Earlier….

I saw you and my heart flinched. Something inside as awakened…  I can smell songs and taste colors I am drunk not with joy but of hope. This maybe what I have been longing for. I close my eyes imagine you, the essence of beauty but it is more than that…I imagine taking you close to me, our bodies one our thoughts singular. My rhythmic heartbeats are music to your ears as you lay in my bosom. I inhale and enjoy the sweetness of our body chemistries. Light headed I am but still I cling tighter, never wanting to let go never wanting to give in to what the future holds for us. To live in the now. As I open my eyes I see the magnificence of you standing before me…I have let my imagination or my emotions rather get the better of me but none the less I  have that feeling once more. Though we are in our infancy states, our maturation will evolve and blossom into this my mind has yet to conjure. Thank you…through you I know what it means to have hope for the future… This is my Christmas, I can hardly wait to unwrap the present and see what the future holds… and our endless possibilities… 

2 comments:

  1. this is buttercup approved. puts me in the mind of one of my favorite songs "next lifetime".*buttercup*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This line grips me " What hurts me is not what reality had in store for us, but how the potential of an endless possibility …was never possible."

    Unbearable pain, unavoidable hope and yet...in the end it was all for nothing.

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete